Pureinfotech Forums

Best method to upgrade Windows 10 1607 to latest versions

Hi ,

Please i need help,i have 2 questions
I try to upgrade windows 10 version 1607 pro to 1903.but the server does not download these package .
What is the most efficient method for upgrade for a domain parc
The second stupid question:is it necessary to upgrade and what is the most stable version??!

If you received the “download and install” notification in the Windows Update settings indicating that the update is compatible with your device, but version 1903 doesn’t download, then the next best option is to use the Updates Assistant tool.

In the case that the Update Assistant doesn’t work, then you can use the Media Creation Tool to perform an in-place upgrade.

To answer the second question, you should read this answer.

Important: Before proceeding, it’s always recommended to create a full backup in case something goes wrong and you need to roll back. If you use these tools right now, you probably are going to install version 1909, instead. However, it doesn’t matter because 1909 is just a quality update for version 1903.

Thanks for your reply.that’s help alot to have a clear vision about w10 upgrade.
Still this is useful for one computer.i need to deploy this version to alot of computers in my domain parc .i tried to use wsus server but it doesn’t work .i have windows server 2012 and wsus 6.0 and i update my server .
I need to know if it is possible to use wsus to deploy this version massively or not.
If there is a better option .
Thks in advance