Pureinfotech Forums

Do I need an antivirus on Windows 10?

Is Windows Defender Antivirus powerful enough like Quick heal, Norton and other antivirus software?

Windows Defender Antivirus is a great (basic plus) antivirus for Windows 10 that is able to detect and remove viruses, spyware, rootkits, ransomware, and other types of malware.

In the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the antivirus is getting even better.

In my opinion, Windows Defender Antivirus is more than enough. You should only consider another antivirus if the third-party tool offers additional features that you really need or you find easier to use. Otherwise, I would stick with Windows 10’s default antivirus.

At the end of the day, you’re the best antivirus, as most of time is human error that allows malicious software to takeover a computer. You can pay a lot of money for an antivirus subscription, but if you’re not careful, you’ll get infected anyway.

In the guide, I point out a number of tips to protect your PC against malware.

I have relied on Windows Defenders for the last 5 years (Win 7 through Win 10 Creators Update). In those 5 years, I have not been infected by a virus or malware. Windows Defender stopped it before anything happened.

Over that same time, Microsoft Malware Removal tool has identified 2 browser addons which I had not installed (they came a Java update when I wasn’t paying attention. It removed them.

As a result, I trust Microsoft. I agree with your other points. I have added CyberReasons’ RansomFree to protect against ransomeware.