Pureinfotech Forums

How to check that I'm running a fully registered copy of Windows 10?

Hi,
I had a registered Windows 7 and then purchased the Windows 8. It was updated to Windows 10 for free.

Then I had a malware in my computer due to which I had to reinstall my Windows 10. I installed the windows from a DV which don’t have any registration key with it.

Windows 10 was installed successfully but it didn’t asked for any key to enter. Now, I am not sure if my Windows is Genuine or I am using an unauthorized pirated version of Windows.

Can anyone please tell me how can I check that I am using genuine Windows 10?

You can check if Windows 10 is properly activated using these steps:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Activation.

In this page, you can found out if the copy is activated.

If it’s not, click the Change product key option, and enter the product key.

If you’re having problem activating, open PowerShell, and run the slui 4 command, and follow the on-screen directions to contact Microsoft to get your copy activated.

This is the screenshot when I checked the activation status… Does it mean that I don’t need to enter a key because the activations are associated with my Microsoft account?
And does this also means that if I change my PC and install windows 10 and then I use my Microsoft account to log in on the new PC, I don’t need to provide the activation key on the new device? It will be automatically activated.
Right?

Your device is fully activated, there’s nothing else you need to do.

Starting with Windows 10, Microsoft collects a profile from your device, and stores it in the activation servers so you don’t have to worry about the product key. Then every time you reinstall Windows 10 on the same device, it’ll activate automatically when it connects to the internet.

Okay… Thank you Mauro for the help.