My ASUS laptop sometimes has internet proxy server problems when I upgrade to the Windows 10 Pro.
- What’s the specific problems?
- Are you seeing any specific errors?
- What browser are you using?
- What version of Windows 10?
- Have you tested a different proxy server?
- Where are you applying the proxy server settings?
- Did you reset the proxy settings?
Your are not connected
Microsoft Edge Chromium (Dev)
Windows10 Pro Version 1903 May 2019 Updates
Yes,I did try different proxy server
I can’t proxy server settings because some settings are managed by your administrator and the settings are grey out!!!
I have been reset the proxy server settings.
I did try the troubleshooting the problems and troubleshooter says the remote device or resource won’t accept the connection.
The biggest problems are the software that you’re using. You shouldn’t be using a pre-release of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge, because they’re not officially ready and issues are expected. These software are available for testing only.
You can try:
- Open Start.
- Search for gpedit.msc and click the top result.
- Browse the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer
- Double-click the Security Zones: Do not allow users to change policies policy .
- Select the Not Configured option.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart your PC.
After the steps, see if you can change the settings. You can also check this similar answer.
If nothing seems to work, to fix the problem it’s recommended to go back to version 1903 and use stable version of Microsoft Edge or another modern browser.