Pureinfotech Forums

I cannot Install Any Applications In Windows 10

Hello friends. Whenever I want to install an application this “Error Opening File For Writing” error showing. I don’t know why this is happening and how to fix this issue. Does anyone have any suggestions for this issue? It would be greatly appreciated.

I’m assuming you logged on as an administrator. If not, you should try that first.

Also, create a new account, and see if you can install apps on the new profile. If this is the case, something is wrong with the account, and it’s best to switch to the new account.

If you are still having issues, there could be a problem with the installation.

To repair the a Windows 10 installation, open Command Prompt as admin, and use this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Once the command completes the process, run this other command:
Sfc /scannow

If the problem persists, you may need to reinstall Windows 10.

Important: Use these suggestions at your own risk. It’s always recommended to backup your data before making changes.

Thanks for replying. I am logged in as administrator. However, it seems I needed to start the installer as administrator also. I learned about it yesterday. Now the installation finishes without showing any error.
Source=https://digicruncher.com/error-opening-file-for-writing/

1 Like

That’s great! Glad to know that your issue is solved. LOL!

This may occur due to many reasons like problem with user profile, limited permission to temp folder, or may be due to third party programs.