Pureinfotech Forums

Kaspersky Blocking 'Restore Points' on Windows 10

I have Kaspersky installed on my computer and I think it is the main reason why I can no longer retrieve created ‘Restore Ponts’?
I have tried disabling its ‘self protection’ and then creating a RP; the RP appears to be there,but when I try to apply the new RP I’m informed that my system has NOT been restored,…blah,blah.
I don’t want to remove Kaspersky,I think it’s the best in its field,but I also want the ability to create ‘restore points’ that I can,if needed,fall back on.
Help.

I’ll assuming that you’re running latest version of Windows 10.

One thing you can try is to boot your computer using the Advanced startup and then try to apply a restore point:

1. Open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Recovery.
  4. Under “Advanced startup,” click the Get started button.
  5. Click on Troubleshoot.
  6. Click on Advanced options.
  7. Click on System Restore.

Then follow the on-screen directions to use a restore point as you would usually do.

If the above steps don’t work, then boot your computer with a USB bootable media that contains the Windows 10 installation files, and do the following:

1. Click Next.
  2. Click the Repair your computer link.
  3. Click on Troubleshoot.
  4. Click on Advanced options.
  5. Click on System Restore.

Then follow the on-screen directions to use a restore point as you would usually do.

If you still can’t use System Restore on Windows 10, it would be best to temporarily uninstall Kaspersky, apply your restore point, and then reinstall Kaspersky antivirus on your device. You won’t be unprotected as Windows Defender Antivirus will kick in until you reinstall your AV software.