Since the last 5 Windows 10 Insider Builds Incorrectly identified DVD drive as Hard Drive

The last 5 builds have identified 1 of my DVD drives (ASUS BW-16D1HT) as an Hard Drive and when i put a DVD in the Drive it does no read the DVD, both devices are correctly identified on Production build 1703 Build 15063.608., the other one is listed correctly as a DVD Drive

I have tried removing the device then rebooting and the system still lists it as a Hard Drive.

How do I fix it?

1. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the driver for the Drive.
  2. Disconnect the drive.
  3. Reboot.
  4. Connect the drive again.
  5. Download the latest driver from your PC manufacturer and install it again.

Alternatively, use Device Manager to update the driver using a different drive offer in Device Manager. You can refer to this example..

Remember that Windows Insider Preview builds are not recommended (by Microsoft) to be use as your daily OS as you WILL encounter problems like the one you’re having right now.

Device is a plug-n-play so no driver is Available from ASUS and have already tried disconnecting the DVD Drive and no luck there.

Try installing another generic driver. Use Device manager, and while updating the driver, select the option to manually installing a driver and select the closest match you can find or older version.

I personally have tried this with Wi-Fi adapters and it has worked for me in the past.