Pureinfotech Forums

Windows 10 Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Lately I get this system error a lot now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 R 3 Pro is a DistributedCom Event ID 10016. Below is the error text:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}

and APPID

{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Anybody have any idea why I’m getting this error in fresh system? I have installed clean Windows 10 1709.
Regards

According to Microsoft, this issue occurs because certain processes do not have permissions to the DCOM components that are mentioned in the event logs.

You can prevent the events from being logged, using these instructions to grant permission to the DCOM components that have specific CLSIDs and APPIDs:

1. Start Registry Editor (regedit).
  2. Locate the following registry subkey: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID<Target AppID>
  3. Right-click the subkey, and then click Permissions.
  4. Click Advanced.
  5. Click Add.
  6. Click Select a principal.
  7. In the Select User or Group dialog box, enter the appropriate administrators group in the Enter the object name to select box. For example, enter \Administrators.
  8. Click OK.
  9. On the Security tab, grant Full Control, and then click OK.
  10. Exit Registry Editor.
  11. Start DCOM Config (dcomcnfg).
  12. Expand Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config.
  13. Right-click the application that corresponds to the AppID that’s recorded in the event log, and then select Properties.
  14. Select the Security tab.
  15. In the Launch and Activation Permissions area, select the Customize option, and then select Edit.
  16. Under Group or user names, select Add.
  17. Enter the group or user name that’s recorded in the event log.
  18. Click OK.

Thanks Mauro,

do You have the same event ? or any others ?

Regards

Actually I haven’t seen these issue on my test machines running Windows 10 version 1709. I always take about 3 months before I upgrade my main machine that I rely for work to avoid early adopter problems, so I haven’t seen this issue in my primary machine either.

However, I have experience other minor bugs with the Fall Creators Update, but on test machines, nothing super serious.

but this is so strange that after new clean install shows any problems :slight_smile:
I don’t know if is worth to try reslove this problem because maybe after this shows new problems :slight_smile:

Do You always do clean install on Your primary machine ?
Regards