Windows 10 version 1803 audio problem

Hi,
I just downloaded 1803,
All recording sound devices do not work, so my microphone does not work, nor does any LINE-IN.

I have X-Fi elite Pro SoundBlaster with latest drivers from creative (December 2017), everything works except recording devices.
Also tested on other X-Fi models (PCIe and PCI) + some realtek soundcards also do not work correctly.

Troubleshooter doesn’t help.

Any ideas what microsoft changed so that driver is not compatible anymore ?

Driver works on:
Windows 8 / 8.1 / Server 2012 / Server 2012 R2
Windows 10 Pro/Home/Enterprise: 1607, 1703, 1709
Windows Server 2016 (1607).

Driver does not work on:
Windows 10 (1803) Pro/Home/Enterprise
Windows Server 2019

It’s not enough to be running the latest version of the driver, the driver has to be updated to be compatible with Windows 10 version 1803.

Try removing the driver and any other component of the audio card, and reinstall it.

If that doesn’t work, you can try to do a clean install of Windows 10 version 1803 when it’s officially avaialble, and the install then try to install the audio driver and its component.

If that still doesn’t work, you may need to roll back to version 1709 so you can use the recording feature, and once your manufacturer releases an update that is compatible to version 1803, then you can move to the new version of Windows 10.

Always remember to create a full backup of your PC before making changes.

Yes that all is true.

Question is will creative (this specific example) release new drivers for 1803, X-Fi soundblasters are kinda old tech.

The way I see it, companies wants you to change hardware and software every 2 to 3 years, if not, they don’t make money.

Sometimes is a product is very popular you may see companies continue releasing updates after 3 years, but it’s becoming rare.

If the hardware is old, usually, it’s up to you to make it work. In the past, I had issues with a wireless network adapter, and fix it using even older driver. Here’s an example.

I would also recommend you to call or send an email to the hardware company, they may be able to give you help or give you a definite answer if it’ll not continue to work.

You need to reinstall 1803 to the older version1708 then. It`s the same error to my X-Fi Sound and window 10 System. Maybe, creative will check and work it out soon! cheers

This resolved the same issue for me and my SB X-Fi Xtreme -
http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=742246&s=48ead1262a536ab1f0eefcc1ba5fc81f

New preview fixes all the issues.
Tested with new Windows Server 2019, 1803 OS Build 17677.

Everything is now working correctly with X-Fi cards.

This didn’t help in previous build, 17677 fixes it.

Awesome. Thanks for the follow up.

I love Windows, but this is one of the reasons, I always wait about four months before upgrading my work machine.

The exact four months of wait is because that’s the time Microsoft takes to make stable enough for organizations.