Pureinfotech Forums

Windows 10 version 1903 install restart taking forever

After starting the restart for the Win 10 v1903 install it took about 3 hours to get to 30% when it did another restart. It has now progressed to 48%, and my second monitor has come alive. This seems to occur each time MS pushes a new update. Is this normal

No, it’s not normal. It should take more than 30 minutes. However, it’ll depend also if you hardware is powerful enough.

Also, it could be a problem or conflict with your current installation, driver, or app compatibility that can be attributing to performance issue.

Usually, to upgrade to a new version, it’s recommended start with a clean installation.

Thank you, Mauro, for your response. I did not think this to be normal. I always dread these updates.

I have an HP 15-bs131nr notebook with 8 GB SDRAM, Intel Core i5, 6 MB cache, 4 cores, 1 TB SATA drive. Any advice as to how to locate the issue(s)?

BTW, I am up to 91% after 4 hours.

Yes, follow these steps to avoid problems installing Windows 10. If you’re still having issue after using the steps, then go with a clean installation.

I held off stopping the install, and it finally finished after 6 hours - with no error messages. I will hold onto this info for installing the next Windows 10 update.

Thank you, Mauro.

1 Like